– Starts at about 51 minutes in the Things I Like section
– What is wrong with knowing Good & Evil?
– It means that we have moral knowledge.
– The serpent was technically right – that we wouldn’t die after eating the fruit
– After the episode God’s first words were:
22 And the Lord God said, “Now that the man has become like one of us, knowing good and evil, he must not be allowed to stretch out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever.” – NET Translation
– To accurately understand what is happening here, the terms Good and Evil must be defined
– Good: God’s creation that serves its purpose – teleios – in the Aristotelian sense
– Evil: Unfit for a purpose